Friday, September 3, 2010

What a Week!!!

It has been so long since I posted, but it has been crazy with school starting and trying to get everyone back into a routine. Everything was going great....UNTIL, this week. Don't get me wrong, things could be much worse, but we have had to make some major adjustments in our lives. It started on Monday. I woke up not feeling well. I am not one to miss work, so I went ahead and headed into the library for the day. However, once I got there I realized that I was sicker than I thought. So, I came back home to sleep. My mom was so awesome and offered to take the girls to the mall to play for a while so I could rest. I got a call around 1:00 that Kennedy had fallen off the merry-go-round at the mall and would not walk on her left leg. I pulled myself together and told her to come home and I would take her to Urgent Care. So, Kennedy and I headed off to see what was wrong. Below are the pictures of what we ended up with. I will explain more after these pics......

As you can see from the picture, she hurt her leg. She has a sprial fracture in her tibia (sp?) So, John took her to a pediatric orthopedic doc. on Tuesday and he put a cast on it for 3 weeks. The first couple of days have been rough. She would crawl around like a wounded animal.....It was so sad, but today I got home to my normal (well, almost) happy 2 year old. She is finally walking on it and should be able to start school on Tuesday. I am feeling better and we are looking forward to a very relaxing labor day weekend!!!


I love this last pose of her. She is being such a trooper about it all. We have perfected baths in the sink with her leg hanging out. McKinlea now want to try, but there is not way a almost 5 year old will fit :) Please pray for a fast recovery for our precious girl.

2 comments:

Laura said...

i love her pj's!

Shalise and Greg said...

Haven't you learned by now that Moms don't get sick days?!!! Glad to hear she is doing well.