Last week we got to have our annual Spaghetti Supper at the kids preschool. We have been attending these Spaghetti Suppers long before the girls were even in Little People's School. We started coming to see Emily sing and the girls loved it. We sure missed them this year! Then it was McKinlea's turn. When they start the 3's class, they start performing and singing at the Spaghetti Supper and Christmas program. I cherished those times to see McKinlea on stage. She loves to perform and sing (wonder where she gets that?). Now that McKinlea is in Kindergarten, the stage has turned to Kennedy. Those of you who know the girls know that they are alike in ways, but much different in others. Kennedy will perform on her terms and when it suits her. We never know what to expect with her :) So, Thursday night was all about her. It was wonderful to get to spend this time at "her" school (those are Kennedy's words) and see what she spends her time doing during the week. Even though she is one of the youngest kids in her class, she holds her own. She is keeping up nicely and the teacher has no worries. She does have a good friend in the class and they tend to get into a little mischief, so they have to be apart at times. After seeing her classroom, it was time for dinner and singing in the Family Life Center. I was a little concerned about how Kennedy would do since she had never offically performed before and like I said, we never know with her. Needless to say, she did great. We only had a few times when she decided that she would rather sit and watch her friends sing. Overall, it was a great night. I was a little sad during her last song as I realized that our little girl was growing up and no longer a baby anymore. I have learned to enjoy every minute and not take anything for granted and to thank God every day for my precious miracles! Fall is coming fast and I love it.
1 comment:
We missed being there!!
Post a Comment